Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dream Show

Blog Assignment: Pick your dream show line up. 3 bands (opener, mid, headliner), 4 genres (Rock, Hip-Hop, Jazz, and a genre of your choice)... up first, the rock concert…

Rock:
I think having a Classic Rock concert to choose three bands for was quite difficult, I mean I think most of them are quite influential therefore they all should be headliners. Like one giant concert with all of them performing with each other and just rocking out and having a good time. But to go along with the project we’ll narrow it down…so here it is…
Our opener would be Aerosmith. I think I personally fell in love with Aerosmith’s lead singer Steven Tyler when he was featured on the Lizzy McGuire show on the Disney Chanel when I was younger. He can sure belt out those Christmas songs and this is kind of weird but I think he is quite the hottie!
The Rolling Stones is one of my personal favorites! I think you can see the impact these rockers have made just through the style of modern, hip kids today. I mean how many kids are sporting The Rolling Stones gear? The tongue is absolutely legendary (I just bought two Rolling Stone shirts)! Their fame came from changing from a blues group to reinventing itself as a rock band not afraid to experiment with different instruments.
Our headlining band would be none other then the legendary Beatles. We are talking the John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr Beatles, not anyone else! Even if you never went to a Beatles concert, even if you didn’t live at the time of the biggest Beatles craze, even if you think you don’t know who The Beatles are…you probably have hear one of at least one of their songs, if not more!

Hip-hop:
Opening hip-hop artist would be Missy Misdemeanor Elliot. A five-time Grammy winning artist really can’t get much better as an opening band. Missy has so many popular songs that people of a pretty wide age range know. She also has worked with some bomb rappers, like Timbaland...I think he would be making a guest appearance at this concert too.
The mid artist would be the late Tupac Shakur. I honestly don’t listen to Tupac music that often but how sweet would it be to bring him back for this huge hip-hop concert? I think we could have a lot of fans and non-fans across the U.S. showing up for this.
Headliner would be one of my favorite hip-hop rap artists is Snoop D-O-double-G! I saw him this summer at a concert and my excitement was beyond belief. He wore this ridiculous denim onesie. Like just disgusting…but no one cared because it was Snoop. You almost thought it was a cool outfit, I said ALMOST, just because he was reppin’ it. Snoop’s voice and style is very different from most artists in this genre. Never yelling but always carrying a smooth flow from line to line. And he has mixed beats with some of the greatest artists ever…I could talk about my boy Snoop forever…

Jazz
Creating a jazz concert was quite difficult for both Nicole and myself but I think we figure it out. We would have the opening band be Waterloo West Jazz, a band from Waterloo, Iowa. They are a group of jazz musicians that are local to our area. They even have a song called “Omaha,” check it out!
The mid we picked was Lalah Hathaway, a modern R&B Jazz singer. She was a featured artist for the Omaha Jazz festival. I personal prefer singing with jazz music and her soothing voice definitely adds to her sound.
The headliner would be Miles Davis. We picked Mr. Davis’s smooth beats because he is named one of the most influential artists of the 20 century. He is known for his less-is-more playing style. Much of this style is added to modern jazz and many artists credit him for their style. Waterloo West Jazz even credits him to their group’s influence.

Other:
Our last concert would be bands of famous pop females. We think this concert would really be all about the girl power (maybe the Spice Girls can drop by) and the love of the music.
First at our kick butt concert would be Christina Aguilera. When we were old enough to start realizing we didn’t necessarily like all the bands our parents did one of our first favorites was Christina Aguilera. She has definitely transformed as an artist and we have loved every step of the way. But for this concert we pick Christina after the “dirty” album but not completely nixing it.
Our next artist would be the ever popular Cher (there’s no Sunny here)! Her very different sound (a little like a man’s voice) and style (sometimes you just wonder where she gets these outfits) just makes you want to like her. I mean, I totally “Believe there’s life after love…”
And our finale would conclude with one of the most popular singers for not just the past few years but decades, introducing…Madonna. We want Madonna to perform songs from every stage in her career; she was amazing no matter when it was. I don’t even know if we need to explain this further other than this concert would be unbelievable!

So that’s our concert picks. We hope you all would want to rock our at our bomb concerts!!

Peace love and Girl Power!!

No comments:

Post a Comment